Brass Incense Burner
This delightful little incense burner is made of brass and is perfectly suitable for charcoal burning of sambrani, copal, and other resin incense, with enough room to hold sand or salt to dissipate the heat. 2″ in diameter.
Caution: The brass burner will become hot once the charcoal is burning. Please do not touch the burner until the charcoal is exhausted and the burner is cool. To prevent damage to furniture, place the burner on the wooden coaster or wooden or metal table, and keep the burner away from flammable objects. Always practice good fire safety when burning incense.
How to use the Incense Burner:
- Fill the burner with at least an inch of sand, ash or salt. Charcoal can burn at up to 1500 degrees F. The sand, ash or salt will help dissipate the heat.
- Form a cone shape with whatever medium you filled your burner and place the charcoal tablet at the peak. This will allow air to flow around the charcoal. This is more important when using sand and salt since ash is “breathable.”
- Place a charcoal tablet on the ash/sand/salt and light the edge. If it’s self-igniting charcoal (contains potassium nitrate) you will see tiny sparks as you light it and it will ignite quickly so never hold it in your hand! If you need to hold the charcoal over an open flame to ignite it, use tweezers or tongs to hold it.
- If your charcoal tablet has a concave indentation on one side place it in your burner with the hollow facing up. Use the “bowl” of the charcoal to hold your incense ingredients.
- Self-igniting charcoal. If you like you can fan or blow on the charcoal to help get the whole tablet started.
- When ready sprinkle a pinch or two (about 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon) of incense (e.g. resin, dried herbs, etc.) directly on top of the hot charcoal. The incense will begin to smolder. Be careful not to place too much incense on the charcoal or you may smother it and you’ll have to start over.
- You can now add the lid to the burner.
- When the smoke begins to thin out, add more incense. The charcoal will stay hot enough to burn incense for about 30 minutes to an hour.
|Dimensions||2 × 2 × 2 in|