How to use Resin Incense:
- Fill the burner with at least an inch of sand, ash or salt. Charcoal can burn at up to 1500 degrees F. The sand, ash or salt will help dissipate the heat.
- Form a cone shape with whatever medium you filled your burner and place the charcoal tablet at the peak. This will allow air to flow around the charcoal. This is more important when using sand and salt since ash is “breathable.”
- Place a charcoal tablet on the ash/sand/salt and light the edge. If it’s self-igniting charcoal (contains potassium nitrate) you will see tiny sparks as you light it and it will ignite quickly so never hold it in your hand! If you need to hold the charcoal over an open flame to ignite it, use tweezers or tongs to hold it.
- If your charcoal tablet has a concave indentation on one side place it in your burner with the hollow facing up. Use the “bowl” of the charcoal to hold your Ajna Resin Incense.
- You can ground your resin into fine or coarse powder or use as is. When ready add the incense directly on top of the hot charcoal. The incense will begin to smolder. Be careful not to place too much incense on the charcoal or you may smother it and you’ll have to start over.
- When the smoke begins to thin out, add more incense.